Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day Time Ale


Lagunitas DayTime Ale Fractional IPA

Alright I am cycling in some old beers that I have had but want to put them on the blog, so it is like I am having them for the first time. First beer that I wanted to bring back and put on this blog is DayTime Ale by Lagunitas Brewing Company. First time I had this beer was at my first concert I ever went to, which was last summer and it was Luke Bryan. This guy took a picture for me and my friends, so I gave him a KCCO Black Lager and he proceed to return the favor. He handed me this beer and opened my eyes up to some good craft beer that was being brewed by Lagunitas. This ale is a fractional IPA, which is part IPA and part regular ale. Most breweries call these types of beers sessional IPA, but Lagunitas stay true to their way did stuff their own way and made it a fractional IPA. This style of beer is an ale that can be both enjoyed by the ale style drinkers and the hop style drinkers. Fun for all to be had is the way I would describe this beer.


Clear Golden Complexion of DayTime Ale

DayTime Ale is an ale that is dry hopped and the end of the brewing process to enhance the hops aroma in the beer. The aroma that I pick up from this fractional IPA is a very bitter hop induced aroma with a hint of citrus aroma. The color of this beer is a clear golden tint to the DayTime, which shows that its not too heavy of a beer. There is something about this beer that draws me in but at the same time it makes me want to run away. I think the citrus smell drags me in an invites me to have a seat and start drinking this ale but at the same time the hop and bitter smell make me want to get out of this beers way. Diving in for the first taste and see if I remember if I liked this beer. DayTime Ale is smooth and very enjoyable. The only thing that I would be hesitating on is the initial sip and tasting the bitter hop taste but after you left it get past that this ale is very drinkable. The abv or alcohol by volume is 4.65% which is very reasonable and very drinkable for drinking these all day. The bitterness of the other hand is high up there in terms of the beers I have been drinking recently on this blog. The bitterness units of this beer is 54.20 IBU's, recently the beers have been around 20 IBU so this is a step up on the hop or bitter scale. 

This DayTime Ale allows you to be able to have one or two and still be able to function on what you need to get done instead of being drunk and not able to focus because you had too many. Lagunitas is located in Petaluma, California and is an really good brewery that you should give a chance and try their beer. I have had other beers by them and the other one that I really like is A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. Now compared to this ale its way more like an IPA but still is enjoyable to me. I heard that Lagunitas Sucks is a good beer to try as well. Next time you go out try this beer and put it in you create your own six pack or buy it as your next six pack I do not think you will be disappointed. Get it before it runs out because this is a seasonal beer and not brewed year round like it should be in my opinion. 

DayTime Ale 4.65 % ABV and 54.20 IBU

No comments:

Post a Comment