Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pils Lagunitas


Lagunitas PILS

Back at it again with another Lagunitas beer, I had two in my last six pack and since I had Nooner last week. Nooner was a German Style Pilsner and this Pils by Lagunitas is a Czech Style Pilsner which I have had before with Piercing Pils by DogFish Head. Just as a refresher Lagunitas is located in Petaluma, California and is becoming a powerhouse Brewery. They are pumping out really good quality beers that are decently priced. Czech Style Pilsner use a particular hop that is called the Saaz Hop, which is a spicy style hop that is usually paired with a fruit to cut the spice in the beer. German Style Pilsners use more floral hops which tend to taste more like India Pale Ales. Lagunitas Pils has a ABV of 6% and the bitterness of  38 IBU.  In this pilsner they added fermenting yeast to bottom of the beer which when poured adds a different flavor to the beer. This PILS is almost like a unfiltered beer.  


Clear Golden Complexion to PILS

The aroma I picked up from this Pils is a fruity citrus aroma that begs for me to drink it. It draws me in for a sip. I picked up a spiced aroma when smelling this beer in addition to the citrus smell which covered up the Saaz style hop in the beer. The color of Pils is a clear gold, showing you what is through the looking glass unlike a stout, which is usually black and thick. The foam from this beer is very thick because of the unfermented yeast at the bottom of the bottle, which adds a level of carbonation to the beer. Took the first sip of this beer and it is smooth and light tasting beer. They did a great job covering the spice of the Saaz Hop. The unfermented yeast in the beer completely adds flavor to this beer and makes this beer really enjoyable. I think I might have found a new brewery that I like. You initially get hit with a little spice when taking a sip of this beer but then is replaced by a smooth taste. 


Add this to your next six pack!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment