Monday, April 13, 2015

Reader's Choice Part 2

READER'S CHOICE:

Hi, everyone. This is my second installment of reader's choice. First one went so well, so I figured I should make it a common occurrence. All six of these beers are from six different breweries around the country. Some are local and others are popular breweries, I am giving a shot at. We currently headed towards spring so I figured this should be spring style beers. Since we are headed out of winter, spring styles tend to be lighter and not as heavy. I know personally when I get into spring and warmer weather I enjoy trying to get lighter and not as heavy beers because of the heat. Enough chatting lets dive into the following beers. Which ever beer gets the most votes by the end of April will be my first beer of May. I will update, when I get a chance to show you what beer is winning. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE A COMMENT ON WHICH BEER TO BE COUNTED!!




UFO BIG SQUEEZE ABV of 4.5% and IBU of 13 


UFO Big Squeeze is an unfiltered shandy. This shandy is made by Harpoon Brewery in Boston. I have had their UFO White in the last pick 6 and that was a tasty brew. I even got talked to on Twitter by Harpoon and was told to give this beer a shot, so I am having you guys tell me if I should drink this beer first. This is a seasonal beer that is brewed with Grapefruit juice and is unfiltered. 



SUMMER HONEY WHEAT ABV of 5.2% and IBU of 15


Summer Honey Wheat is brewed by Blue Moon. Blue Moon is located in Colorado and this beer is a Honey Wheat Ale. If you have read this blog or if you are new I am a fan of Wheat beers. This wheat beer is in Blue Moon's Seasonal Collection and brings us closer to summer.



MANGO WHEAT ABV of 4.8% and IBU of 20 


Mango Wheat is brewed in Perkasie, Pennsylvania by Free Will Brewing Company. This is my second time having a beer from Free Will and I was not disappointed in the Destiny's Wit. I an curious to see how the Mango does in a Wheat Beer. I think I will be in for a delightful surprise when I go to taste this beer. 



TANK 7 ABV of 8.5 IBU of 38 


Tank 7 is a FarmHouse Ale, which is a very popular Spring style type of beer. This FarmHouse Ale is brewed in Missouri and brewed by Boulevard Brewing Company. I have had this beer before but never wrote a review on it for this blog. I am curious to see if it taste like I remember or if its better than I remember.  



ANCHOR STEAM BEER ABV of 4.9% and IBU of 35 


Anchor Steam Beer is made by Anchor Steam Brewing Company. They are located in San Francisco, California. Style for this beer is California Common Beer, I am curious to see what that means. We used to have this beer at my work, but I never was able to try it and now that I saw it outside I wanted to make sure to try it. 


FARMHOUSE ALE ABV of 4.6% and IBU of 15 


This Farmhouse Ale is brewed by Flying Fish Brewing Company, which is located in New Jersey. I am trying to incorporate some seasonal beers into this blog, so I can give you a glimpse of what might be out there. This Ale will be my first be Flying Fish on the blog. 


REMAINDER: PICK ONE and which ever has the most by the end of APRIL will be my first beer of MAY. 













4 comments:

  1. I vote the mango wheat cuz that sounds interesting as hell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote the mango wheat cuz that sounds interesting as hell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two votes on facebook for TANK 7 and one for mango wheat, so as of right now its tied up at two for TANK 7 and Mango Wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote the Flying Fish Farmhouse :)

    ReplyDelete