Tuesday, March 10, 2015

KCCO Gold Lager


Time to see, which one I like best so far.

Alright I can say I have both black and gold lagers. Gold Lager is good, but it is different twist from the black lager. These are two completely different styles a profiles of beers.


KCCO Gold lager German Style Pilsener IBU of 16

I have been waiting to get my hands on Gold Lager and finally I have it in my clutch. The alcohol by volume on gold is 5.1%. The color of the beer is golden tint to the beer just like its name. The color reminds me of a Labatts or a miller lite.  The smell of this gold lager is definitely enticing to taste it. I found gold lager on tap in New Hope, PA at Fran's Pub. They were having a reveling of Gold Lager and donating money from the beer sales to a charity. In the true sense of Chive On and donating to charity.  It is hard for me to separate the difference between black and gold lagers but to me they are both great beers. The Gold has more of a German style pilsener taste of beer to me and is a blend of pilsener and Lager styles. To me I would rather have black than gold but both are equally amazing beers. Some times when something is build up too much it kind does not get a chance to live up to the hype and I think Gold has been build up as such a great beer that it is kind of a let down trying this beer. I will give it another chance when I buy a case of gold lager in the future but for trying it for the first time I am kind of upset. 


KCCO Gold Lager sweet and honey smooth taste

Now on the other hand mixing black and gold lager is amazing. It is like have a Black and Tan beer which is a dark beer like black mixed with a lager. The black and gold mix is so amazing that I will have to have a case of each and mix it all together. 


Mixed KCCO Black and Gold Lager Together.

I usually am not a fan of mixing beers together like black and blue, which is Guinness and Blue Moon. Or a Guinness and Angry Orchard which is called a black velvet. However, mixing the KCCO Black lager and KCCO Gold lager was such a good pairing together that I think people should try it whenever they can find a bar or restaurant that has both gold and black in their establishment. The smoothness of the black cut the pilsener taste of the gold and made it all equally smooth. All in all I think that Red Hook did a great job on this beer and cannot wait to try their White Wheat, which is the next in line for KCCO and Resignation Brewery. 




No comments:

Post a Comment