Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Blue Moon First Peach Ale



Last of the Reader's Choice Peach Ale

The Peach Ale is part of Blue Moon's Seasonal Collection. Other beers in this collection are: Summer Honey Wheat, Harvest Pumpkin Ale, and Mountain Abbey Ale. Blue Moon is located in Golden, Colorado. I first tried this beer before it was released at a beer fest I attended in January. I was curiously drawn to this beer after that beer fest and could not wait until I was able to purchase it locally. In addition to that I made this beer pack of my Reader's Choice post and this is the last beer from that post. So far, I have not been disappointed in that create your own pack from Wegmans. Lets see if we can end on a high note with this beer or I end with a bad taste in my mouth. 


Dark Amber color to Peach Ale

According to Blue Moon, this beer is a mix between a Belgian Sour Brown Ale and a American Peach Wheat Ale. The alcohol by volume on this ale is 5.6% and the IBU or bitterness is 15. The aroma that I pick up from the Peach Ale is peach smell and a hint of caramel. If you look at this beer you will discover that the appearance of this ale is a dark amber color and the head or foam is a off white because of the color of the ale. Now to dive in and take a familiar sip of this beer and if its beer than what I remember or if the hype was not worth the buildup. I think it was worth the wait for enjoying this Peach Ale. I taste a hint of the peach flavor in the beer and I taste more of the caramel malt that was used in this ale. I will say that you pick the peach flavor in the finish with a tartness that comes from the peaches. 


Smooth full flavor and Easy drinking. 

I think Blue Moon did a good job in creating this Peach Ale, but I wish for more peach flavor in the first sip of the ale. I will say that the finishing flavor and tartness was done really well and makes me think I just had a peach without having one. Peach Ale is a smooth tasting spring beer that someone can enjoy without having the guilty feeling of having a beer. I think what might go well with this beer is a peach dessert or maybe adding a peach slice like you would add and orange to Blue Moon Belgian White. For people that like fruity style drinks this would be a beer for you but I also think this is a beer for people that like a good flavor to their beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment