Monday, June 15, 2015

CHARLOTTE CRAFT BEERS!

I recently was down in Charlotte, North Carolina for a wedding. I sampled some beers from North Carolina, so I figured I would share them with the blog. On our way to the first brewery, we passed two other breweries on the same road. I only remember the two I saw on that road: they were Heist Brewery and NoDa Brewing Company. The brewery we stopped into was Heist because I was told we should visit this brewery. I had the C'est La Vie, which was an Amber Style Saison, which was a high gravity brew. I enjoyed this beer a lot and I think Saison's are turning out to be a style of beer I really enjoy. C'est La Vie had an ABV or alcohol by volume of 8.1 and IBU of 28. 


C'est La Vie by Heist Brewery

I also was able to sample my cousin's beer while we were at Heist and she got the San Fran Disco. The San Fran Disco was an  American Pale Ale. I thought it was a little to bitter for my taste right now but it was drinkable. This pale ale had a ABV or alcohol by volume of 5.4% and an IBU of 45. 


San Fran Disco by Heist Brewery


A little later on that night we visited the Draught Bar and I sampled another brew from North Carolina. That beer was by Catawaba Brewing Company, which was a White Ale called White Zombie. I think might have been one of the best beers I had while I was in Charlotte. I really enjoyed this brew and  I think that I am going to have to try and find this beer up around Philadelphia. White Zombie had an ABV or alcohol by volume of 5.1% and this was a delicious brew. Catawaba Brewing Company is located in Morganton, North Carolina if you want to visit them.  


White Zombie by Catawaba Brewing Company


Last brewery beer I sampled was from Birdsong Brewing Company out of Charlotte, North Carolina. I had this last because this is the beer they had at the reception after the wedding, I attended, The bride is a fan of the craft beer scene in Charlotte and she picked this breweries beers to have at her reception. They had three beers from Birdsong, but I only sampled two of the three. My favorite of the day had to be the bride's choice drink for the reception. She chose the Summer Ale, which was called Doin' Thyme Witbier. I think that this beer was very enjoyable and was very easy to drink. Doin' Thyme has an ABV or alcohol by volume of 4.5% and an IBU of 15. My only complaint was that I did not really get a chance to try it at the right temperature because it was sitting out in the sun at the reception. The thyme was perfectly blended into this beer and made this a refreshing beer on a hot summer day. 


Doin' Thyme Witbier by Birdsong Brewing Company 

The other brew from Birdsong. that I was able to try was the Jalapeño Pale Ale. I was told by a reader to try this pale ale. Jake told me to try this Jalapeño Pale Ale, because it was his favorite beer. I had to make sure I included him on this post because he loves this ale. For me, I enjoyed it but it had a little too much of a spicy bite for me. I took the first sip and instantly I got hit with a hot sensation in my mouth. I think if I were able to pair this beer with something I was eating, I would enjoy it more. Jalapeño Pale Ale has an alcohol by volume or ABV of 5.5% and an IBU of 45.  I would love to visit this brewery next time I am in Charlotte, North Carolina. Interesting fact is that there are three breweries on the same road. They are Heist, NODA, and Birdsong: they are all located on Davidson Street in Charlotte. 

If you are in Charlotte, North Carolina and you want to sample some of the local brews. Check out some of these beers from North Carolina and Charlotte. I was really excited to sample of these brews and I am glad I got to visit Heist Brewery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment