Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pumpkin Savior


Rogue Ale Rogue Farms Pumpkin Savior 

Trying a seasonal brew from a brewery I have not had on this blog, so far. I am trying a brew from Rogue Ales. Rogue Ales started as a brewery/pub and opened in 1988. They are located in Ashland, Oregon. Here is a little about them from their website, "Rogue is a small revolution, which expresses itself through handcrafted Ales, Porters, Stouts, Lagers and Spirits, and this is the way we conduct our business. The spirit of the Rogue brand, even the name, suggests doing things differently, a desire and a willingness to change the status quo. A Rogue Ale, Porter, Stout, Lager or Spirit is crafted to give it unique character, innovative in its makeup and brewing, a process that has not compromised quality. We believe if a Rogue Ale, Porter, Stout, Lager or Spirit cannot be all of these things, it should not be made at all."The brew I am trying tonight from Rogue Ales is Pumpkin Savior. Pumpkin Savior is a Wit Style brew that is brewed with Pumpkin. Pumpkin Savior was a 2015 World Beer Championships Bronze Medal winner. I am excited to try this pumpkin beer. Pumpkin Savior has an alcohol by volume or ABV of 5.6% and an IBU of 21.



Appearance of Pumpkin Savior

Looking at this brew it reminds me that we are amidst Pumpkin Ale Season.  Pumpkin Savior has a deep orange almost like a burnt orange or a Copper tint to the beer. I have had many Pumpkin beers and this brew looks great. The aroma is very enticing and makes me want to have as many pumpkin items as I can. Aroma I picked up on right away was the spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove. Taking a whiff of Pumpkin Savior reminds me of baking a pumpkin pie. Another aroma note that is strong in this brew is the pumpkin aroma. I just cannot stop smelling this beer and I need to so I can taste, what is behind the aroma. 

I am so eager to taste this beer, I have waited for it to come out this year. I have never had this beer before, but have heard great things about their beers before. I know that Rogue has Rogue Farms and uses their pumpkins from the farm in this brew. I hope that comes through in the taste and I cannot wait to take the first sip of Pumpkin Savior. I think the combination of the Pumpkin and the Wit Style brew is amazing. I took my first sip of Pumpkin Savior and was instantly in love with this beer. You taste the spices and the pumpkin instantly as you take the first sip. The pumpkin really comes through and makes this brew a really enjoyable beer. Another interesting fact about this beer is that the Wit style brew makes this beer not have a heavy body and light mouthfeel.  When enjoying Pumpkin Ales usually they can go sweet or spiced based, Pumpkin Savior does the best job at combining both sweet and spice notes to create this awesome brew.



Make sure you check out Pumpkin Savior

This is an amazing seasonal brew from Rogue Ales and Rogue Farms. I think this might have become my favorite Pumpkin beer. If you are a pumpkin ale fan make sure this brew is atop your list to try. I think that Rogue did a great job not catering too much to sweet or spice based Pumpkin Ales.  Even if you are not a fan of Pumpkin brews this is a beer that you can still enjoy because of the passion and quality of this brew. I am glad that I waited for this Pumpkin Savior and hopefully I can try the Pumpkin Patch Ale next. 

Check out Rouge's Website and Twitter: 





No comments:

Post a Comment