Tuesday, September 1, 2015

White Lightning


White Lightning by Full Pint Brewing Company 

Trying a new brew from a brewery that I am trying for the first time. Full Pint Brewing Company, which is located in North Versailles, Pennsylvania. If you are wondering where North Versailles is located near, it is close to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am trying their brew called White Lightning. This beer is a Belgian Style White Ale brewed with spices. White Lightning has an alcohol by volume or ABV of 6.0%  and an IBU of 18. 



Glimpse of White Lightning

Looking at the appearance to White Lightning, you can tell this looks like a White Ale. Color Appearance of White Lightning looks Wheat Ale that is unfiltered and is very cloudy. The color is a yellow hazy appearance to the ale.  

The aroma of this ale is very interesting and gives off a similar aroma to some White Ales I have had before. I picked up on the spice note of the Coriander. There is also a subtle note of the Orange peel to this White Ale that is something I have noticed in most White Ales, I have had recently. 

Based off of the aroma,  I am curious to see what White Lightning is all about. I took my first sip and I notice the Coriander or the spices the ale is brewed with. The more I drink more of this beer I pick up more of the orange peel. White Lightning is a smooth, but I do notice there is a medium body beer. 


Check out a PA brew from Full Pint Brewing Company

I think this is a good brew and is a brew that if you are looking for an ale brewed with spices this would be something to look into. In addition, I would say this beer is comparable to Avery White Rascal or a Blue Moon. I do like the fact on their bottles they added a spot called Beer Nerd Stats and it explains the Malts used and the Hops used in the beer as well as the Gravity, IBU, and ABV. 

Check out their Twitter and their Website: 





No comments:

Post a Comment