Thursday, June 29, 2017

Miami Weiss


M.I.A. Beer Company


There have been a variety of breweries that have been expanding their distribution into Pennsylvania recently. One of the most recent to expand into Pennsylvania;  is a brewery from Florida that I will be trying a brew from tonight. I have not heard much about this brewery or their beers, so I figured that I should grab one and see what they are all about. The brewery I am trying tonight is M.I.A Beer Company. M.I.A. Beer Company is located in Doral, Florida. The first thing I noticed about their beer cans were the color schemes they used on their cans, they are catchy and draw you to the beer. That's great marketing picking color schemes and styles that match those schemes. Here is a little about M.I.A. "our team is passionate about the quality of our beers. While many of our beers are inspired by traditional recipes, we pride ourselves on continually crafting new formulas and incorporating exotic and locally sourced ingredients. We are known for our vibrant branding and vast portfolio of unique brews infused with Miami's rich culture. M.I.A is owned by Eddie Leon, Johann Beckford, and Kevin Smith. The head brewer is Michael Demetrus formally of Finch's Brewing Company." According to Eddie Leon. "M.I.A. is excited to bring our line of Miami-inspired beers to Pennsylvania. We Have many vacationers who have discovered us, and now they can enjoy a little taste of vacation at home." M.I.A. Beer Company is ranked the ninth fastest growing production brewery in the United States as of 2016. 



As of June 1st, they are in PA. 

Tonight I am trying M.I.A. Beer Company's, Miami Weiss beer. Miami Weiss is a German Style Hefeweizen. This beer is their number one flagship beer and has an alcohol by volume or ABV of six percent.  Let's explore what Miami Weiss is all about. 



Miami Weiss Can by M.I.A. Beer Company 


The aroma of this weiss brew is very inviting and draws you in just like the appearance of the can, I first notice the traditional aroma that are in a Hefeweizen. I picked up on a bubblegum aroma right away. Which was followed by a spice, or a clove note again normal in a Hefeweizen, The last noticeable aroma for this beer was a fruity ester aroma, that reminds me of a banana aroma. All of these aromas are typical for a German Style Hefeweizen. The appearance of this beer is an orange gold hue to the beer. There is no noticeable haziness to the beer. There is good head of foam retention to the beer. The head at the top of the beer is an eighth of an inch in size. Some noticeable lacing around the edge of the glass. Last note about the head or the foam, even though its an eighth of an inch it is thick and off white in color. 


Appearance of Miami Weiss

Time to dive into the taste aspects of Miami Weiss. I took my first sip and was instantly hit with all the typical notes in the Hefeweizen. The first tasting note you get is the bubblegum note in the beer that is quickly followed up by the spice or clove note in the beer. There is a slight orange zest note this is blended into the first to tasting notes but does not overcome the first two notes. There is a lingering spice note after you finish your sip. The body of this Hefeweizen is light to medium. At first you start your sip and you think it has a light body, but then comes the medium body mouthfeel. The banana notes that were in the aroma, do not come through noticeably in the taste aspect of this beer. For me that is a plus, the clove and the bubblegum notes are enough to allow you to understand the Hefeweizen style in this beer. 


Have you tried Miami Weiss? 


I really enjoyed this brew from M.I.A. Beer company and I think they hit the nail on the head with the German Style Hefeweizen. The classic flavors and their twist on the style was pleasantly delicious. I look forward to trying more brews from this beer company. Make sure you look out for M.I.A. Beer Company near you. 


Check out M.I.A. Beer Company out on their website and their social media:











No comments:

Post a Comment